Projector Lamp Life- How to extend Projector lamp life?
Projector Lamp Life is approx. 2000 hrs and Tips for the preventative measures you can take to extend Projector lamp life, or make lamp last longer and reduce the likelihood of projector lamp failing early are:
1. Projector lamp life we can prolong if we adjust the Brightness level, by using the optimum Brightness level.
2. Utilize the “economy mode” if it is available with your projector model and is appropriate for your situation. This mode decreases projector brightness but the lamp will last longer.
3. To extend lamp life do not expose lamp or projector to direct sunlight which will cause potential damage to same beyond repair.
4. The best way to enhance Projector Lamp Life is to operate them in a suitable climate which is neither too hot nor cold. So never leave a projector in very hot or very cold environments, for example in a car on a summer or winter day
5. Allow plenty of space around the projector’s fan or exhaust, so that the excess heat can be dispersed properly. So operate the projector in an area where there is sufficient space available for the heat rejection and venting of heat from the projector.
6. Operate your projector in a clean, relatively dust-free environment to prevent clogging of fans and air filters. These filters should be cleaned regularly. Fans are vital parts that aid cooling, so they need to be cleaned and the dust should be removed from the filters that clog the same.
7. Do not allow the projector to overheat. Overheating is the main number one cause that leads to lamp failures, due to excessive temperature stress. So switch off the lamps and let it cool when not in use, this will increase the lamp life.
8. Allow the projector lamp to cool for at least 10 minutes after powering down, and never move the projector during this period or while the lamp is on. The lamp is much more susceptible to damage while it is hot.
If you want more info or have any questions, please visit our Contact page, we will try our best to help you.
For online lamp purchase, please visit Projector Lamps page. If you are not sure which lamp to Order, please must leave us a Order message, so that, we can help you to confirm before sending out your lamps.
How long should my projector lamp last for?
All projector lamps have an expected operating time, called lamp life. This value is expressed in numbers of hours, and is typically around 1,500 to 2,000 hours. Newer models claim 5,000 hours of lamp life and more. An individual lamp’s light output duration is based on a bell curve, so that a majority of (but not all) lamps will meet the lamp life hours specified. Most manufacturers provide a warranty covering their lamps for a certain number of hours or period of time.
For projectors that are used under normal operating conditions (three to five hours per day in a clean, relatively dust-free environment) the lamp will have the greatest likelihood of lasting through its entire rated lamp life. Projectors that are used more often or are exposed to environmental contaminants are more likely to show a decrease in lamp life. Projectors that are operated 24 hours a day, 7 days a week are at the highest likelihood of lamp failure before the end of the rated hours.
How do I know when it is time to change my lamp?
Metal halide (high pressure mercury) projector lamps experience a gradual dimming of the image brightness as the lamp loses power and pressure builds up within the bulb. The dimming may be subtle but will nonetheless have increasing impact on your display. You should replace your lamp when the dimming of your image becomes noticeable. Occasionally, at the end of its life the lamp may fail altogether, usually due to temperature stresses. Most modern projectors have a built-in lamp hour counter which will let you know when it is time to change your lamp, and this counter should be Reset every time the lamp is changed.